Heather Vogel, MHR, SPHR
Hello Volunteer Leaders!
Wow, it’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through the year. It seems like only a few days ago we were at the Rosen Shingle Creek for our Leadership Conference - and now in a few short weeks, we’ll be headed back to Orlando for our state conference. It’s the proverbial “time flies” syndrome, isn’t it?
Well, we’ve accomplished much and I’m proud to share a quick recap of what we’ve done so far…
- Won the SILVER EXCEL Award for our 2010 SHRM SHAPE program.
- Achieved 2010 SHRM Foundation State Council CHAMPION status.
- Surged almost 25% ahead over last year in state conference registrations by June 1. Thank you conference marketing team and chapter ambassadors!
- Held our first-ever Tallahassee Day on the Hill with 17 chapters represented.
- Launched our new web-based HR Florida eSource newsletter and our HR Florida Review webzine. Love em!
- Established our web-based Community Calendar to advertise chapter-related programs and special events.
- Visited almost 100% of our chapters, either at a board or member meeting!
Of course, we’re not done yet. Some of the things we have in the pipeline include planning a Student Networking Event to take place during our state conference; working with our chapter presidents and SHRM to develop a special Membership Reception (also to take place during our state conference) to help attract new members to our chapters; developing an online GPHR Certification prep program in concert with a state-based university; planning our first-ever HR Executive Summit; and developing a taskforce to examine chapter geography. Thanks to all of you, we’re certainly going to have a banner year.
Also, many thanks for attending our special meeting/webinar on May 31st to discuss and approve the contracts and deposits needed for our 2012 Leadership Conference and State Conference keynote speakers, our 2012 HR Executive Summit venue and our 2014 State Conference venue. We appreciate you taking time to work with the council in making some very important financial decisions and thank you again for helping keep HR Florida at the forefront in 2012 and beyond.
Calling all 2012 volunteers! That’s right! July brings the beginning of the development of next year’s council. If you are interested in serving in 2012, please let me know your interest by completing the web volunteer form at HR Florida/About Us/Volunteer Opportunities, or click here. We welcome prior, current, and of course, new volunteers. So, please spread the word and let folks know how they can get involved! Position descriptions are listed on the Volunteer Opportunities page on the above link.
And finally, I’ve got to let you know that there are only a few weeks left to register for the 2011 HR Florida State Conference & Expo! Don’t delay – register today at www.hrflorida.org!
Kudos to you, our volunteer leaders!
Heather Vogel, MHR, SPHR
HR Florida State Council, Inc.