2012 Executive Committee Nominations
Joyce Chastain, SPHR - President-Elect
The Nominating Committee will soon be convening to consider applicants and prepare the slate of candidates for the 2012 Executive Council (EC)!
Our bylaws state that a Nominating Committee, composed of the president, the president-elect and five other directors of the state council, will convene to create a slate of nominees for the EC. The open EC positions for 2012 are Treasurer and Secretary.
In accordance with our bylaws, each EC member may serve two years in the same position. In 2012, Heather Vogel, SPHR will be serving her second year as President, Joyce Chastain, SPHR will be serving her second year as President-Elect, Carol McDaniel will be serving her second year as Vice President and Dana Chatelain, SPHR will be serving her second year as State Conference Director. Kitty Fields, SPHR will continue to serve in the role of Immediate Past President.
EC job descriptions can be found on our website by clicking here.
If you would like to be considered for any of the available positions on the EC, please submit a volunteer leadership application via our website by clicking here. In the application section entitled, “Other - Please let us know any other information that would assist us in assessing your qualifications,” please briefly answer the following questions:
- What in particular interests you about this position, and why do you think you would be a good fit?
- Have you ever been to the SHRM Annual Conference? When? What did you gain from the experience?
- Have you personally donated to the SHRM Foundation? What do you see as the value of the SHRM Foundation?
- Have you ever written to your elected officials? What was the last issue about which you wrote to them?
- Name a current initiative of HR Florida that you like and why you like it?
- Describe your vision for the HR Florida State Council and how you will assist the organization in getting there.
Upon receipt of your application, a member of the Nominating Committee will contact you to arrange for an interview, in accordance with our nomination guidelines.
2012 Election Timeline
- Deadline for Applications: June 30, 2011
- Candidate Interviews: August 1 - 31, 2011
- Nominating Committee Review & Final Preparation of Candidate Slate: August 31, 2011
- Presentation of Slate to Council for Vote: September 1, 2011
- Officer Installation: October 21, 2011
- Officer Assumption of Office: January 1, 2012
If you have questions regarding this process or would like additional information, please contact Joyce Chastain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image by alancleaver_2000