Awards & Recognition
Toni Mayros, PHR - Awards & Recognition Director
Chapter Excellence Awards
The HR Florida ATP/STP awards are now honoring the work you do as a chapter with the introduction of The Chapter Excellence awards. The Chapter Excellence awards will focus on the demonstrated achievements and execution of one or more of the following core leadership areas:
- Workforce Readiness
- College Relations
- Global Affairs
- Legislative Affairs
A total of five awards will be presented at the August Council meeting. At this time we will award one chapter with the top honor or Chapter Excellence: Ruby Class. This chapter will demonstrate wisdom, knowledge, transition and change through the execution and accomplishments of one or more of the core leadership areas listed above. The remaining four awards will be for Chapter Excellence: Garnet Class. The chapters awarded in this category will demonstrate achievement, success, inspiration and a goal driven ambition within one or more of the core leadership areas listed above.
Like the ATP/STP awards, the Chapter Excellence Awards will be judged by a panel of council members representing a cross section of the State Council.
At this time, nominations are being accepted for the Chapter Excellence Awards of 2011. Nomination forms can be found on the HR Florida website and can be submitted now through June 28, 2011, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Winning:
- Recognition at the August Council Meeting and Annual State Conference attended by 1500 professionals from around the world!
- Detailed coverage in the HR Florida Review magazine with a readership of over 12,000!
- An honorarium of $1500 for the chapter awarded as the Chapter Excellence: Ruby Award and an honorarium of $500 to each chapter of the Garnet Award.
Any SHRM chapter within the state of Florida.
- Visit the HR Florida website to download the application.
- Entries must be received by June 28, 2011 via email to: email@example.com.
- A chapter may submit an application for one or more of the core leadership areas identified above.
- Incomplete entries may be disqualified at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The selection committee may elect not to award a winner at their discretion.
- All back-up documentation must be submitted in a Word document.
- One award will be given at the Chapter Excellence: Ruby Class and four awards will be given at the Chapter Excellence: Garnet Class level.
Chapter nominations are evaluated on the results they achieve. Results are evaluated on both a qualitative and quantitative basis. In addition to metrics, winners will clearly identify how their program demonstrated our drive to “Serve the Profession/Advance the Professional.”