Maryellen Castellano, SPHR, and Chris Scott, PHR, are very excited to be your HR Florida Membership team. We are here to support you in setting and achieving your 2013 Membership goals. Membership growth is a continual process. In order to grow and maintain your membership, you need to focus on the four components of membership
- Recruit: Always be recruiting. Chapter Leaders should be representing their chapter wherever they go. Encourage your members to do the same. Did you know that it takes an average of 7-9 contacts before a decision to join is made? (Don't be discouraged or give up!)
- Engage: Remember what it was like to be the new member showing up at a chapter meeting? Find ways to make your members and guests feel welcomed and wanted.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is not only an important way to keep your members engaged, it helps build your success plan. Offer members the opportunity to volunteer in little ways. Make sure they feel appreciated and have some fun.
- Retain: Membership Leaders.....get your membership list for Crystal Adair at SHRM (firstname.lastname@example.org) every month. Check your SHRM membership against your chapter list and notify Crystal of any missing members. This list also shows SHRM membership expiration dates. Contact members before their expiration date to remind them to renew.
PLATINUM Level Membership Goals:
- Develop and Implement at least one Membership Initiative (SHAPE REQUIREMENT)
- 4% increase in SHRM in-chapter Membership
- 80% retention rate
Council Membership webinars are held each quarter for chapter Membership Chairs and/or Chapter Presidents. Webinar participation will help you achieve success. Following is a list of webinar dates and links:
JANUARY 2013 - Membership Webinar - CLICK HERE FOR PRESENTATION
APRIL 2013 - Membership Webinar - CLICK HERE FOR PRESENTATION
JULY 2013 - Membership Webinar - CLICK HERE FOR PRESENTATION
OCTOBER - Membership Webinar
When: 10/24/13 - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
Audio Conference Number: 1-800-745-6370. Participation Code: 811236
To join the meeting: CLICK HERE
ENTER YOUR NAME IN THE GUEST BOX
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Test your connection: http://shrm.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Learn about SHRM - Join SHRM
SHRM Membership Conference Call Schedule
2/14/13 - Webinar @ 2:00 PM ET
5/9/13 - Webinar (in combination with Diversity)
8/1/13 - Webinar @ 2:00 PM ET
12/11/13 - Webinar @ 2:00 PM ET
Maryellen Castellano, SPHR
Chris Scott, PHR
Return to Top of the Page