Membership growth is a continual process. In order to grow and maintain your chapter membership, continuously focus on the four components of membership
- Recruit: Always be recruiting. Chapter Leaders should be representing their chapter wherever they go. Encourage your members to do the same. Did you know that it takes an average of 7-9 contacts before a decision to join is made? (Don't be discouraged or give up!)
- Engage: Remember what it was like to be the new member showing up at a chapter meeting? Find ways to make your members and guests feel welcomed and wanted.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is not only an important way to keep your members engaged, it helps build your success plan. Offer members the opportunity to volunteer in little ways. Make sure they feel appreciated and have some fun.
- Retain: Membership Leaders.....get your membership list from Tiffany Brown, Member Engagement Associate East Division: Tiffany.Brown@shrm.org every month. It is imperative that you check SHRM's membership list against your chapter's membership list and notify Tiffany of any discrepancies. SHRM's list will also show SHRM membership expiration dates. Be sure to contact members before their expiration date to remind them to renew. Or, if you see members who did not renew their SHRM membership, find out why. This is especially important if you are designated as a 100% chapter.
Would you like for your chapter to obtain PLATINUM STATUS for 2017? Here are some membership goals to consider:
- Develop AND Implement at least one initiative i.e. acquisition, engagement, or retention. Document goal achievement i.e. achieving 80% retention rate etc. Membership Initiative (THIS IS A REQUIREMENT TO OBTAIN ANY STATUS ON THE SHAPE REPORT)
HR Florida State Council “Brown Bag” Webinars one per quarter
- Thursday, March 30th 12:00- 1:00 pm : Best Practice for Membership Engagement and Retention Click HERE for Presentation
- Wednesday, May 31st 12:00-1:00 pm Analytics: Measuring Membership Success and tracking ROI-
May Membership Webinar Link
Wed, May 31, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311
Access Code: 217-610-541
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
- 3rd Quarter to be scheduled: Marketing Plans that Work
- 4th Quarter to be scheduled:Your Chapters Value Proposition
SHRM Membership Webinar Schedule: Use link below to register or access via Volunteer Leader Resource Center
All webinars may be viewed on demand after the presentation time/date at the same link
-Thursday, Feb. 2, @ 4 p.m. ET, Membership CLA
-Thursday, Mar. 23, @ 4 p.m. ET, Membership CLA
-Thursday, May 25, @ 4 p.m. ET, Membership CLA
-Thursday, Aug. 17, @ 4 p.m. ET, Membership CLA
-Thursday, Nov. 2, @ 4 p.m. ET, Membership CLA
Link to register SHRM Webinars:
Here are some tips for participating in this web event.
MARK IT IN YOUR CALENDAR!
Please add event to your calendar to remember the time and date. SHRM will send out a reminder the day of the webcast, but such messages can be intercepted by spam software.
TEST YOUR COMPUTER
If you have not previously attended an On24 web event please test your computer IN ADVANCE to avoid delays at the time of the event. You can test your computer here: http://bit.ly/shrmwebcasttest14. You may also want to check with your network administrator to see if there are any restrictions on streaming media in general, and streaming media using Flash in particular. Ask whether the network will allow you to view a program of 60 minutes or longer.
Audio for this program will be streamed via your computer. There is no telephone dial-in number. You must listen to it through your computer.